OneClickRecovery - version 2.0 (now also works in CM7)

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

Inspired by making a z4root version capable of permanent rooting ZTE Blades, I spent some time this weekend to make a hopefully "idiot-proof" app that uses the same exploit to install Clockwork Recovery on non-rooted Blades.

Download: OneClickRecovery_ver2.apk - MD5: C513D5D94777B2F7D895E4E87002C8BD

Version 2.0 - 2011-04-20

• Switched to using Clockwork 3.0.1.4 because 3.0.2.4 has too small /tmp filesystem for the cm7_universal_converter.
  • Detects Android 2.3.x and tries to use "su" instead of the exploit (tested on CM7 N41)

I've only tested this on my Gen2 Blade primed with an official 2.2 (TeliasSonera version) but it should work on any Blade. It automaticly detects Gen1/Gen2 and should flash the correct version.

It does not touch /system so the ideal way to use this on a "fresh-of-the-shelf" blade would be:

• Put app on sdcard
    • Put ROM you intend to install on SD-card (optional)
    • Install app with Filer (or any other file manager)
    • Enable USB Debugging (the exploit requires this to be enabled)
    • Run app and "click" button (I just realized it should have been named OneTouchRecovery... Oh well, doesn't matter)
    • It will now run exploit, flash recovery and reboot into recovery.
    • Backup original system from within Clockwork
    • Install new ROM.
    • Have fun!
    • As a bonus it will first make a backup of the original recovery partition to the sdcard. However if you run the app again it will backup Clockwork and overwrite the original backup so it could be good idea to make a backup of it.

I'd like some feedback on this one, especially from Gen1 users as I cannot test that myself.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest burstlam

I have refer your request to the chinese v880 user group forum .

I will get u the answer asap

thx so much for this brilliant idea

eit : works on gen 1 u-v880 machine

Edited by burstlam

Guest kallt_kaffe

If this works as well as I think it will then it could easily be modified into a OneClockRomDumper that dumps the ROM without the need of rooting (=completely untouched /system).

Guest FelixL
-Enable USB Debugging (the exploit requires this to be enabled)

Couldn't you check for this, and if it's not set you could make a warning and open the right settings-page? I know you can not activate usb debugging as a normal app, but you should be able to read it. Not a real wish, since I rooted long ago, but a small hint if you want full usability even for noobs :)

It's great that this is both Gen1 and Gen2 :)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Couldn't you check for this, and if it's not set you could make a warning and open the right settings-page? I know you can not activate usb debugging as a normal app, but you should be able to read it. Not a real wish, since I rooted long ago, but a small hint if you want full usability even for noobs :)

It's great that this is both Gen1 and Gen2 :)

It does this allready thanks to RyanZA. z4root has that logic built in and the app is very much based on the z4root source.

Guest PeteBest

Wow, I'm almost beginning to sound like a kiss ass here, but great work! Not much use to me since I done a SS Gen2 conversion at the weekend, but many thanks for all your hard work here kk

Guest sm4tik
If this works as well as I think it will then it could easily be modified into a OneClockRomDumper that dumps the ROM without the need of rooting (=completely untouched /system).

My first thought! Though it was a good first lesson with android to get my stock 2.2 rom dumped.

Guest C3P001

tack så mycket (Thanks so much) Kallt_Kaffe worked perfect it auto booted into clockwork after running the app on gen 2 blade Comviq , not installed a rom yet as i am tired and need to sleep but thanks so very very much I confirm it works for gen 2 blade will try flash swedish spring tomorrow :) tack tack

Guest markusj

Tested it on my hungarian gen1 phone (the app recognises that it's gen1) (currently running CM7 n39, repartitioned with the JapJelly TPT a long time ago). I flashed the original recovery to see if it works. It reaches the "Aquiring root shell" screen, but after this, the next screen flashes, and the program closes.

I rebooted it to recovery, now I get the android with the exclamation mark instead of the FTM screen.

Home button opens Android system recovery <2e> (Android system recovery utility) with the warning: "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command". (upside down)

I guess, it flashed the british stock recovery.

Logcat: http://pastebin.com/pQjTxCSq

Edited by markusj

Guest kallt_kaffe
Tested it on my hungarian gen1 phone (the app recognises that it's gen1) (currently running CM7 n39, repartitioned with the JapJelly TPT a long time ago). I flashed the original recovery to see if it works. It reaches the "Aquiring root shell" screen, but after this, the next screen flashes, and the program closes.

I rebooted it to recovery, now I get the android with the exclamation mark instead of the FTM screen.

Home button opens Android system recovery <2e> (Android system recovery utility) with the warning: "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command". (upside down)

I guess, it flashed the british stock recovery.

Logcat: http://pastebin.com/pQjTxCSq

As I understand you flashed the original recovery first and then used this app. That is why you still have stock recovery.

I have never tested this on CM7 and it's very possible that the exploit has been fixed in android 2.3.3 so I do not think the app managed to do anything useful at all.

It works on stock Blade ROMs and propably most ROMs based on stock ROMs.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest markusj
As I understand you flashed the original recovery first and then used this app. That is why you still have stock recovery.

I have never tested this on CM7 and it's very possible that the exploit has been fixed in android 2.3.3 so I do not think the app managed to do anything useful at all.

It works on stock Blade ROMs and propably most ROMs based on stock ROMs.

Indeed, I flashed the original hungarian recovery, but after running the app I don't get the FTM screen, just this one:

nexus_one_android_hard_reset_3.jpg

In the flashed recovery I can't get to the menu with any button,

but with the new one I just have to press the home button, and it's there.

It's definitely not that one that I flashed manually.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Indeed, I flashed the original hungarian recovery, but after running the app I don't get the FTM screen, just this one:

nexus_one_android_hard_reset_3.jpg

In the flashed recovery I can't get to the menu with any button,

but with the new one I just have to press the home button, and it's there.

It's definitely not that one that I flashed manually.

With original recovery doing a "reboot recovery" which is done by this app when it has finished flashing and holding down the "volume-down" doesn't do the same thing. Try starting the phone with "volume-down" pressed and I'm almost certain that you will get to the "FTM" screen.

For reasons I allready explained the OneClickRecovery most likely fails on a CM7 device.

I might do a new version later that detects Gingerbread and tries to use su to get root access and flashes recovery just to help people with CM7 that have messed up their recovery partitions.

Guest SWOriginal

Can Somone confirm this works with a stock (orange rom) Gen 1 San fransisco? A family member is purchasing one tomorrow and I would like to flash the phone straight away (using only the phone) , I could upgrade the phone to gen2 but after the trouble I had with my blade. ( green android for atleast 3 hours) I'd rather not.

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest That-Guy

This looks great :)

I am running a Gen1 Blade (rooted) with CM7 and Clockwork already installed.

Do you want me to try and report feedback anyway?

• 1 month later...
Guest nikkokick

Amazin!

I tried to follow another guide to apply Clockwork but no success.

With this little file it did it all by itself! How awesome isn't that?!

Done on a Blade 2.2 (Comviq).

Thanks a bunch!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skull_fcuk

Just used this to recover my blade/ Was using Green CM7 version 2, and had lost access to CWM probably due to a CWM update. Used laptop to dl the .apk, and mounted the SD card in windows, from the ROM, and shoved the .apk over. located .apk using Astro, and installed it. Ran it and it rebooted straight to CWM. You sir are LEGEND! Many thanks :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Achal Guglani
Inspired by making a z4root version capable of permanent rooting ZTE Blades, I spent some time this weekend to make a hopefully "idiot-proof" app that uses the same exploit to install Clockwork Recovery on non-rooted Blades.

Download: OneClickRecovery_ver2.apk - MD5: C513D5D94777B2F7D895E4E87002C8BD

Version 2.0 - 2011-04-20

• Switched to using Clockwork 3.0.1.4 because 3.0.2.4 has too small /tmp filesystem for the cm7_universal_converter.
  • Detects Android 2.3.x and tries to use "su" instead of the exploit (tested on CM7 N41)

It does not touch /system so the ideal way to use this on a "fresh-of-the-shelf" blade would be:

• Put app on sdcard
    • Put ROM you intend to install on SD-card (optional)
    • Install app with Filer (or any other file manager)
    • Enable USB Debugging (the exploit requires this to be enabled)
    • Run app and "click" button (I just realized it should have been named OneTouchRecovery... Oh well, doesn't matter)
    • It will now run exploit, flash recovery and reboot into recovery.
    • Backup original system from within Clockwork
    • Install new ROM.
    • Have fun!

As a bonus it will first make a backup of the original recovery partition to the sdcard. However if you run the app again it will backup Clockwork and overwrite the original backup so it could be good idea to make a backup of it.

I'd like some feedback on this one, especially from Gen1 users as I cannot test that myself.

heyyyy!!!

i have Dell XCD35 which is rebranded zte blade with android 2.2 and 512MB.....can i install custom ROM on it like cyanogenmod7 stable???? will it be harmful??? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help meeeeee.....

Guest appolus

question: i rooted my blade with z4root and i got SU, can i still use oneclickrecovery to flash cm7? my blade is still a virgin

Guest appolus

this doesnt work for me...i cant download it and always the m5d is the wrong number, what am i doing wrong? i rooted it earlier with z4root permanent

I cant seem to fix it...

Edited by appolus

Guest appolus
I have a copy of this, let me upload it

copy of what? I just want to know why it doesn't work if u already rooted permanent with z4root...doesnt make sense why it shouldnt work can someone answer?

• 1 month later...
Guest Ola Olenzo Ole

Hi,

An Android newbie here, with ZTE Blade gen2. The goal is to install CM7.

Tried to get started with this app, and did as instructed. I wasn't sure if I should have kept the USB cable connected or not, it was connected the whole time. After installing the app, turning on USB debugging and doing the click thing, I got the list of choices ("change with the volume button, select with the home") -- I selected the first one ("reboot"). It rebooted and the normal Android home screen appeared.

After that I'm lost - I have no idea how to do the backup with Clockwork Recovery? I don't know how to launch Clockwork Recovery.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I probably should have done the backup with the select menu. Is there a way to get back in there?

Edit2: Figured it out, backing up now :)

Thanks.

Edited by Ola Olenzo Ole